A N T I C I P A T I N G --- yet trying to live life in the moment

June 28, 2007

I date a lot - Wednesday Update

So I agreed to meet the guy from the train for a drink. He's nice, short, bald, that type of guy. We had a drink, which led to three, which became dinner and when it was time for me to rush off because I had a theater ticket (a friend had a single ticket and gifted it to me), he offered to join. And as luck had it, there were 2 seats available side by side. So, he joined me (Neil LaBute's Dark Dark House - Pretty Good) and we ended the night with a cappuccino, ice cream and a cupcake. And that's where he lost me, he had a cinnamon thing, which looked tasty enough, but he was against my cupcake, went as far as saying he didn't care for them, and suddenly short, bald and doesn't like cupcakes seemed a void to deep for even me to cross over. We ended the night, with a cheek kiss and a thank you. He invited me to join him for fireworks at his beach house on the fourth, and I might actually go, because he hung on my every word, gazed at me with disbelief and that's fun sometimes.

But, even more fun than an adoring short bald guy, is an adoring young foreign waiter with brilliant blue eyes, dark curly hair who gets a frustrated look on his face because his english won't get him far enough to engage in witty banter. His English is waiter English, menu items mostly... I saw him at lunch, he waited on me and my girlfriend and I couldn't help but express my appreciation of him to her, she already knew, he's my type, I LOVE foreign boys --- anyway, I walked her back to her office and then I bumped into our waiter, and I gave him my number, Guiliano, Italian from Brazil.

**By bump into him, I mean went back to the restaurant, which was totally crowded, but he saw me and ran over immediately, I told him I would like him to call me soon, and he might, and he might not, and that's not the point.

No comments: