A N T I C I P A T I N G --- yet trying to live life in the moment

February 19, 2007

Lately

I've been working longer hours for smaller rewards. Six months into my not new anymore job and I find the fact that I've been delegated harder work, that I'm not exactly qualified to do, more stressful than exhilarating. It feels like - if I knew the kind of stuff they are expecting me to do wouldn't I be working somewhere else making double the money? My resume never mentioned finance or accounting and somehow I'm doing things that require some knowledge and skill in both those areas.

Other stuff that falls under the category of lately:
I might like a boy and he's trying to be my boyfriend, sort of.
I've been spending way too much comfortable time with a former serious beau and I need to remember all the things about the time we dated that led us to not work out.
I have 3 weddings to attend this year and I need to get into I'm not married at 35 because I don't want to be, not because I'm not gorgeous, shape.

And ---
Saturday I bought the cutest pair of Gucci platform sandals, yes, went into Neiman's with snow encrusted boots but left with a box of "little orphan annie, the sun will come out tomorrow" confidence. Spring beckons and before too long I'll be sporting perfectly polished toes from perfectly adorable footwear. My last mani pedi was a shade of May flowers (pink) that seemed a bit premature to the manicurist but has given me the best, days are getting longer feeling, you could imagine. The sun sets tonight at 5:35pm in Manhattan. Which makes the entire city the perfect backdrop for my date (with the boy I might like). Face it, we all look better in dim lighting and if he's on the fence about how pretty he thinks I am, a dimly lit city will definitely push him in the direction of she's beautiful rather than she's not as pretty as she needs to be in order for me to want to date her. Not that I'm even sure if I want to date him, but I'd rather be the one saying no thanks, perhaps friends.



One last thing, work is a four day week. Hooray!

No comments: