A N T I C I P A T I N G --- yet trying to live life in the moment

February 28, 2007

How I roll

Does 2 whole days of going to the gym and eating healthy count as being on a roll?

Monday, gym. Tuesday, gym. Wednesday, intermix warehouse sale. Seriously, shopping can be a workout; I broke a sweat. (After combing the racks, I tried on 5 dresses and found a black one that fit perfectly. I was ok with the size 8, but wished it were a 6. I'll most likely cut the size tag out. It looks great on and there's no reason to taint the dress with a size note. I also got a yellow pair of Havianas)

I am so fucking ready to wear flip flops on a lazy sunday on Ave. B, me vacillating between having brunch or a fresh juice, not a smoothie, no yogurt, just fruit squeezed into juice, followed by a quick wander around my neighborhood. It's March and flip flop and wandering season are only 90 days away.

I'm rambling -
avoiding mentioning that I broke down and called the guy I thought I liked, but don't. The same guy who I thought was trying to be my boyfriend, but isn't. I'm pretty annoyed that he hasn't called me since last week. Last I heard from him was a lame text on Saturday night, while I was at a party with T. Who incidentally noticed I texted back at midnight and was not pleased. I called him tonight, on his cell at 8:30pm, he didn't pick up and I left an uninspired message. You know the script, hi, it's VES, not important, just calling to say hi, I'd been meaning to email you, but I've been busy at work and haven't heard from you. Hope you aren't working too hard. (*END*)

It's as if calling a dullard has some how made me dull. It would be best if he didn't call back and I didn't end up going out for another dinner, another night of better than mediocre, but nothing to blog about, sex. I need a few weeks off.

***

One last thing:
MISSY, You said you would call, but didn't. You are a girlfriend, not some guy I used to work with, who I bumped into at a party, who I had sex and dinner with. YOU, I actually expect to call me.

No comments: